Thursday 3 January 2008

Hanan's Favourite Stir Fry

More Picturesphoto


With thanks to Hanan's idea for her stir fry I made this tasty little number for dinner last night. The picture is only taken with my camera phone though.

I modified Hanan's cooking method (to reduce washing up, I'm lazy like that) and guessed at the quantity of ingredients since no measures were given in the original recipe. However, I quite like that, you can make it to your own taste so take my measures below with a pinch of salt.

Ingredients: (serves 2)
Diced Chicken
2 Sliced Leeks
1 Chopped Red pepper
2 slices of White Cabbage
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Mixed herbs, salt+pepper to taste
1 tbsp ish Dark soy sauce
Small handful of Pine nuts
Around 6-8 oz rice

Method:
Heat some olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, leek and red pepper, frying for a minute or two to soften. Add in the chicken, cabbage, herbs, salt and pepper and fry until the chicken is cooked through. Just before the chicken is thoroughly cooked add the soy sauce and pine nuts.

Serve with boiled basmati rice and enjoy!

No comments: