Friday 6 February 2009

Friday pm at the allotment

More Picturesphoto

I'd last been down on Saturday (31st Jan) afternoon, and there were lots of people out and about digging and what have you - a really warm day when you think Spring is coming. I was very tempted to join them, but I needed to get on with other things, so just dumped our latest load of veg peelings from the house and picked some swede for dinner that night and grabbed my box of seed.

We awoke on Monday (2nd Feb) to snow. Was somewhat glad that I hadn't spent time on Saturday digging.

This picture was taken on Thursday, we'd had a little more snow on Tuesday, during Wed/Thurs night, and can report when I'm blogging this on Friday afternoon, it's snowing again.

So what to do when the snow is on the ground - I've been planning - sorted out a rough planting schedule and also the lay out for this coming year.

Will start planting seeds in the next couple of weeks at home, and look to get things into the ground in March.


Taken from the shed - finally decided to grab my wellies and the spade

No comments: