Wednesday 1 September 2010

Show-Time!

Tuesday 31st August 2010 was the 2010 Alton Allotment Association annual show. You may remember last year, the first time I entered, my cabbage came 3rd :)

This year, thought I would try again, but not hopeful as I didn't even have a cabbage to enter! So over the couple of days before the show, I was to be seen picking, cleaning and leaving veg as appropriate, so that I could take it to enter. Here is the produce, ready to go to the show!
During the judging of the show by the Mayor of Alton, we had a quiz. My team 'Lost the Plot' came 2nd (31 1/2 ponts, the team that came first had 32). So I won a small prize for that :D

So after this, it was to go and see the results of the judging, would I have any placements? I already knew I wouldn't win the Longest Runner Bean or Biggest Potato categories, but perhaps something else might get place? Well it did, my courgettes are the 2nd best in Alton :D

Who knows what will happen next year?

No comments: