Today has been about the first truly warm day (car thermometer said 19 degrees). Whilst we had a little pop to the allotment to put some veg peelings on the compost heap, and have a look at the onions - about 20, today was about sewing seeds in the greenhouse.
The greenhouse is now looking fairly full :-). Today I've planted:
- French beans (cobra) - we eat these during the summer
- Runner beans (Butler) - we freeze these for winter eating
- Courgette (jemmer F1) - we eat as many of these as we can, and then make ratatouille with the rest. These are a bright yellow colour, slightly sweeter than green courgette, and look far more interesting on your plate!
- Sweetcorn (early extra sweet F1)
- Gourds (Butternut, and Uchiki Kuri)
- Pumpkin (small sugar).
Note, I didn't need the extra broadbeans I planted - I now have about 45 plants! Going to be a lot of picking!!!!